Going to give this a try!

I am the biggest fan of Pinterest! My mom thinks I must own the site! I DO NOT, but I wish I did. I love it. It is where I live while I am online. But I want to do more than just pin, pin, pin.. so I am challenging my self to do ONE thing from Pinterest every day. I can be something small or large, depending on my schedule. It may be a craft or food or organizing.. but I must pin it and blog about it. So here we go... Wanna follow along?

Wednesday, September 23, 2015

Day One! Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta

SO, this is day one and I totally blanked on taking a picture of what I made. I promise to do better!! I just had gall bladder surgery last Friday and I am still weird about what I want to eat.  Hubby is also sick with a sore throat.  I saw the pin for Creamy Garlic Penne Pasta. Thought I would give it a try. You can find the pin here:  https://www.pinterest.com/pin/284078688972773643/
I did mine slightly different. I didn't want to make that much sauce because I am trying to eat lighter right now, so I did about half the sauce.  I also used angel hair pasta because it is hubbys favorite. I added a bit of cream cheese (about 2 tbs) and a little less milk.  I also put green peas in mine as hubby does not like them. It came out really well. It was a light sauce as it uses milk, not cream. It had a mild garlic flavor. I LOVED IT!!
I'd say: day one is a success!  I recommend trying this pin!!
*Please note that you can use gluten free pasta with this also. Would be great.. sub your flour for potato, corn or tapioca starch.

No comments:

Post a Comment